- This event has passed.
RAC 10km Road Race
May 15, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Free Handouts 2800 Bandanas (First 2500 Runners & First 300 For Walkers).
Seeded Start For Sub 34 Minute Athletes – Enter At Seeded Table.
Massive Prize List & Incentive Prizes.
Walkers Separate Start Time And Finish.
Sub 34min Seeded Pen For Men.
Separate Start For Ladies And Vets.
Separate Finish For Ladies And Walkers.
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Run – R 66,00
10km Run Grand Masters 60yrs + – R 35,00
10km Run Great Grand Masters 70+ FREE – R 0,00
10km Walk – R 66,00
10km Walk Grand Masters 60yrs+ – R 35,00
10km Walk Great Grand Masters 70 yrs+ FREE – R 0,00
Old Parktonian Club, 1 Garden Road Bordeaux
Collection & Entries:
6:30 on race day.
Entry Fee Is Non-Refundable. No Refund If Event Is Cancelled For Any Reason Whatsoever.
Tog Bag Area:
Available – RAC & sponsors not liable for any losses.
Race results on www.racerersults.co.za 2 weeks after race day.
Cut Off Time:
Men: 29:19 Shadrack Hoff (2003)
Vets: 31:07 Ernest Tjela (1995)
Ladies: 34:03 Lebo Phalula )2009)
- Due to the terrain, no wheelchairs can be permitted.
- No pets permitted on route
- No musical ear pieces are allowed to be worn
- No Seconding necessary on route – 2 drinks tables on route.
- Traffic officers and official’s instructions must be obeyed.
- No blades, cyclists or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- Refreshment tables at 3km & 7km with coke & water.
- The race is run under the rules of ASA.
- Registered athletes must be members of a club affiliated to ASA wear official club colours.
- 2016 licenses to be worn front & back – wear both licenses.
- Race Number to be worn on top of front License number.
- Athletes details to be completed fully on “tear-off” label to be eligible for prizes.
- Temporary Licensed athletes must wear plain clothing & the issued temporary license number on the back of the vest.
- Seeded runners to wear special race numbers supplied on the day.
- Minimum age is 15 years.
- Age category ID Tags must be worn visibly front & back on vest. (Juniors to wear “J”). Temporary Licensed athletes are eligible for age group prizes if relevant tag is worn.
- Proof of age must be provided on race day if requested.
- Objections to be lodged within 30 minutes after prize-giving
- International athletes to provide clearance letter to referee in the event of winning a prize.
- Only South African Athletes qualify for team prizes according to domicile.