- This event has passed.
Fred Morrison Half Marathon & 10km
September 9, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 am
21km – R 114,00
21km Grandmasters – R 57,00
10km – R 91,00
10km Grandmasters – R 45,00
Delville Rd North, Germiston
GPS: S26 13 38.2 E28 10 23.2
May be collected and late entries will be taken at Callies offices, Germiston Stadium on Saturday 8th September 2018 from 9am to 1pm.
Will also be sold on the morning of the race from 5h30 and pre‐entries can be collected.
Great Grandmasters and Blind Runners Free (Both Races) – Entries On The Day Only
Cut Off Time:
10h30. This will be strictly enforced and participants must withdraw from the race if so requested by a race official.
Marshals and traffic officials may be withdrawn after cut off.
Walkers welcome but must comply with cut off Time.
Callies parking marshalls and car guards will be clearly identifiable.
Please adhere to their guidance to ensure a smooth flow of traffic.
Please park only in the designated areas.
To all finishersTog Bags Area Available:
Please Note: Whilst best care will be taken at the tog bag area, Germiston Callies will not be held liable for any losses
5km Fun Run In Aid Of Care Bears Charity:
Start Time: 07h30
Entry on the day of the race only.
Entry Fee R30 ‐ No licence required.
Medals to all finishers
Carry any litter to next water point.
Do your part to care for the environment.
1. Run in accordance with ASA and CGA rules.
2. No seconding allowed ‐ ample water points available.
3. Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA and wear club colours with both their provincial 2018 licence numbers and the issued race number on the front of their running vest.
4. Unlicensed runners must purchase a temporary licence. Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing together with the temporary licence on their back and the issued race number on the front of the vest.
5. Athletes indemnify National, Provincial, Regional bodies, organizers and sponsors against all or any actions of whatever nature arising out of their participation in the race.
6. Numeric age category ID tags (including juniors) must be worn (front and back) and be clearly visible. Proof of age for prizewinners will be required and to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld untill confirmed.
7. Only athletes of 16 years and older on 9 September 2018 may enter the 21km race.
8. Only athletes of 15 years and older on 9 September 2018 may enter the 10km race.
9. No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams that are mechanically or manually operated by participants,or wheelchair athletes will be permtied to participate without the special permission of the race organizer and traffic authorities. All such participants MUST start at the back of the field.
10. No pets are allowed to accompany runners.
11. International athletes to provide clearance letter to referees in the event of winning a prize.
12. Temp licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tags clearly visible front and back.
13. Athletes are only eligible for prizes if ALL information is filled in clearly on the race number tear off.
14. No I‐pods, headphones or portable radios are allowed.
15. Athletes participate at their own risk.
16. Entries Are Not Refundable.
17. Only athletes who have completed all required information on the race number are eligible for prizes.
18. Objections to be lodged within 30 minutes (before or after prize giving) in writing accompanied by R300 which is refundable if appeal is upheld.