So with only a couple 23 days more to go the nerves are kicking in more than normal, the nightmares are getting worse and we have to start tapering:)
Just a couple of things that might help:
- make a list of what you need to pack
- check your list and make sure you have all that you will need on race day
- dont forget your chip on your shoes
- running kit – ASA approved Club colours and the two Nedbank Comrades Marathon 2016 race numbers must be worn on the front and back of your upper body garment throughout the race.
- rest – get enough rest for the next couple of weeks. You have done the training now get the well deserved rest
- dont forget where you start:) It is an “DOWN RUN” starting at the City Hall in Pietermaritzburg and finishing at The Sahara Kingsmead Cricket Stadium in Durban.
Cut-Off times to remember:
The race is run from “gun to gun”. The cut-off times for these points will be confirmed in the final race instructions. The CMA reserves the right to alter these positions. Runners will be required to board a rescue bus and be transported to the finish venue should they not have reached the cut-off points within the specified time.
- Lion Park – N3 Subway – 2:40 (8h10) – 73m to go
- Cato Ridge – N3 Subway – 04:30 (10h00) – 58km to go
- Drummond (Halfway) – 06:00 (11h30) – 44km to go
- Winston Park – 08:00 (13h30) – 31km to go
- St John’s Avenue – 09:30 (15h00) – 19km to go
- Sherwood 45th Cutting – 11:10 (16h40) – 7km to go
I know its scary but we’ll all get there!!
Bonitas Comrades Expo
Durban Exhibition Centre
Comrades Marathon House
18 Connaught Road
Dates and Time of collection:
- Thursday 26 May – 09h00 – 19h00
- Friday 27 May – 09h00 – 19h00
- Saturday 28 May – 09h00 – 17h00
If you are unable to collect your race number package, a third party can collect this on your behalf providing they have a printed copy of Acknowledgement of Entry, the athlete’s ChampionChip as well as a letter of authorization from the entrant. The person collecting the race number package must have identification.
Hope this helps a bit! Good Luck to all the runners. Hope we all have a great day of running on 29th May 2016!!
Marelise da Silva:)